At Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia (“HFHP”), we are builders who work alongside, not for, others. We are driven by accountability and defined by our stick-to-itiveness.
Reporting to the Human Resource Coordinator, the Volunteer Administrative Assistant acts as a point person between Habitat staff and the public. Their main responsibility, among others, is answering the front door of our office, which will relieve staff of constant interruptions. This position would be a consistent receptionist position requiring a consistent weekly commitment at our Philadelphia office on a rotating basis.
- Answer the Habitat office front door
- Field general inquiries via phone
- Receive deliveries for the Habitat Office or Build Team
- Greet vendors that serve the Habitat Office
Act as Point Person for All Departments
- Decide which department to relay information upon receipt of inquiry
- Discern between serious inquiries and ones that differ from Habitat’s mission
- Answer general questions about Habitat’s work in the community
- Good customer service (greet people, attentive)
- Supports our mission and follows our core values
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Skills with mailings
- Ability to lift 25lbs (cases of paper)
- Occasional ability to walk to the second floor
If interested, please contact Volunteer Manager Joe Tatum.