Volunteer at the ReStore
Volunteer at the ReStore
Want to put your time and talents to work helping Habitat Philadelphia? We’d love to have your help at our ReStore!
All ReStore volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian complete and submit our Minor Release and Authorization form (click here to view and print).
Interested in volunteering for a day with your team? Learn more here.
Volunteers do all kinds of things to help at the Habitat Philadelphia ReStore!
1. Driver Helpers assist our Truck Driver with the pickup of donated items from area individuals and businesses. Driver Helpers must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds and climb in and out of a raised truck.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 8:30 – 4:00, with 2 Driver Helpers each day.
2. Warehouse and Merchandise Helpers work as the “receiving department” of the ReStore. You’ll be working either on your own or as part of a team, and Dally, our Warehouse Manager, will guide you on various projects throughout the day. You could be helping to unload donations from our truck, moving merchandise, testing store items, and more. You are the behind-the-scenes volunteers who keep our store stocked with great products and great deals! Warehouse and Merchandise helpers should be able to lift 30 pounds.
There are half-day shifts available every day the store is open, with 2-4 volunteers per shift. You are welcome to sign up for a full day.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 8:30 – 12:30 and 12:00 – 4:00.
3. Customer Service and Sales Floor Helpers will be the friendly faces interacting with our customers when the store is open. You’ll help customers find what they’re looking for, measure a door or a window, greet customers at the door, keep merchandise clean and organized, and assist our cashier. Customer Service and Sales Floor helpers should be comfortable interacting with our diverse customer base (proficiency in Spanish is extremely helpful!).
There are half-day shifts available every day the store is open, with 2 volunteers per shift. You are welcome to sign up for a full day.
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 8:30 – 12:30 and 12:00 – 4:00
4. Maintenance and Repair Helpers do a variety of minor fix-it jobs on our donated merchandise. You might repair a washing machine, glue a leg back on a chair, or reassemble a broken cabinet. Also, Maintenance and Repair Helpers keep our store in good shape by doing work on the building, such as painting, hanging light fixtures, assembling shelving, and more! You should be comfortable using various types of power and hand tools.
- Wednesdays from 8:30 – 1:00, 2-3 volunteers per shift.
5. Office Helpers assist with various administrative projects such as data entry, office organization, answering phone calls, updating our bulletin boards, and helping with print and web-based communications. We’ll walk you through the computer programs we use, but we ask that you be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8:30 – 3:00, one volunteer per shift.
For questions about volunteering with the ReStore, contact our ReStore Associate, Greg at 215-739-9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Volunteer Coordinator Deidra at 215-765-6000 x10 or email@example.com.