Other Housing Services
Other Housing Services
If our Homeownership Program, Weatherization & Home Repair Program, and Other Carpenter Programs aren't suitable for you at the present time, there are other resources in the City to help you with services like affordable homeownership and home repairs, as well as services Habitat does not provide like rental assistance and temporary shelter. We cannot guarantee that any of these organizations or programs currently have funding.
1234 Market St., 20th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
To apply for any of these programs, please call the hotline at 215-448-2160. Have the following resources available: amount of total household income, source of that income (employment, SSI, etc.), number of people in your household and social security number.
Basic Systems Repair Program (Homeowners Only): 215-448-2160
Provides free repairs to electrical, plumbing, and heating systems for homeowners. Income guidelines apply. *3-5 YEAR WAITING LIST
- Major systems that have failed can be repaired or replaced
- Roof replacements
- Electrical systems or re-wiring
- Plumbing drainage system replacement
- Masonry repairs
- Structural repairs (joist and floor replacement)
Weatherization Assistance Program: 215-448-2161
Provides free weatherization and energy efficiency improvements to homeowners and rental units. Income guidelines apply. *CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
- Furnace repair and replacement
- Building Shell retrofits to seal air leaks (dry walling, caulking, door weather strips, etc.)
- Roof insulation
- Low E storm windows
- Bulb replacements
- Water heater replacements
Adaptive Modifications Program: 215-528-5830
Adaptive Modifications Programs - Provides free adaptations to house or apartment of low-income disabled individuals, allowing easier access to and mobility within the home. Income guidelines apply.
*LESS THAN 2 YEAR WAIT LIST
- Exterior ramps and wheel chair lifts
- Stairway elevators
- Accessible bathroom modifications
- Railings, etc.
Senior Housing Assistance Repair Program, PCA
642 N. Broad St., 19130
Minor Home Repair and Weatherization Program for homeowners 60 and older. Priority is given to those 75 years old, living alone, disabled, and low income. Property must be structurally sound. Service is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Replacement of exterior doors and locks
- Rebuilding basement steps
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Replacement of electrical switches, outlets and fixtures
- Grab bars, railings, etc.
Rebuilding Together Philadelphia
4355 Orchard St., 19124
Rebuilding Together is the nation’s leading nonprofit working to preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize communities. Their network of over 200 affiliates provides free rehabilitation and critical repairs. Provides free home repairs for homeowners in 19104 (Mantua), 19133, 19122, or 19123 (North Philadelphia) zip codes.
- Free home repairs
- Energy efficiency upgrades
- Home modifications
If homeowners reside in the above zip codes, visit their website to fill out an application or call
215-568-5044 to ask for an application.
1924 Arch St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Provide counseling to obtain energy assistance grants, emergency utility payment agreements, affordable home repair assistance/weatherization, water conservation, LIHEAP, etc.
- UESF Utility Grant: 215-972-5170
- CRISIS Grant: 215-560-1583
- LIHEAP: 866-857-7095
- WAP (Weatherization Assistance Program)
- Heater Hotline: 215-568-7190
- Water Conservation (LICAP)
- Crisis Grant
Landlords are responsible for maintaining the property's heating system. To report a landlord because of a defective heater or if he/she is not providing enough heat, call the Philadelphia Heat hotline at 215-686-2590.
Philadelphia Water Department (PWD)
1101 Market St.#5
- Water Revenue Assistance Program: 215-686-6880
- Senior Water Bill Discount: 215-686-6880
- HELP: 215-685-4907
- LICAP: 215-685-6099
- Basement Protection Program
Customer Service: 1-800-494-4000
- CAP Rate, CARES, MEAF: 1-800-774-7040
- LIHEAP: 1-800-344-3574
- LIURP: 1-800-675-0222
Customer Service: 215-235-1000
- LIHEAP: 215-787-4328
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE/ RENTAL ASSISTANCE/OTHER:
5548 Chestnut St., 1st Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19139
LIFT is a non-profit organization that helps families and individuals achieve economic stability and well-being. They are a great resource for people who seem to be dealing with a wide variety of issues in their lives (unemployment, late rent, mental health, etc.).
- Employment, including résumé and cover letter creation, interview skills, online job search and online applications
- Housing, including connections to emergency shelter and applications for subsidized housing
- Public benefits screening and enrollment, including online benefit applications for TANF, Food Stamps, LIHEAP, and other programs
- Free income tax preparation (including back taxes) and tax credit screening
- Financial aid applications (FAFSA) for two and four year colleges
- Referral services, including education/job training, legal services, children’s services, immigration, food assistance, health care, and computer literacy
Emergency Shelter Assistance Program
Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
801 Market St., 5th Floor
Eviction Prevention - Provides a one-time grant to prevent eviction. Assists with security deposits and temporary shelter payments. Income guidelines apply.
Office of Housing and Community Development
5252 N. 13th Street, 19141
Rental Assistance - Provides assistance with delinquent rent or security deposits, including help for those dealing with loss from fire. Walk-in times go from 9:00am until 3:00pm, Monday through Thursday.
American Red Cross
Provides emergency assistance to victims of fire and other disasters. Services include short-term emergency housing (very limited), clothing, food and medical.
1340 Brown St.
Services include assistance with shelter and emergency food. Services are based on the availability of funds. You must call for an appointment.
1401 JFK Blvd., 10th Floor
CREDIT COUNSELING AND FINANCIAL LITERACY:
1608 Walnut St., 10th Floor, 19103
CLARIFI offers counseling for budgeting, credit counseling, housing counseling, and financial literacy. To schedule an appointment, call 800-989-2227.
*See program and services guide
Financial Empowerment Centers (FECs)
The FECs offer FREE one-on-one financial counseling. Services include banking, debt management, budgeting, etc. To schedule a meeting, call 855-346-7445.