This is the spirit of Habitat for Humanity that started as a grass-roots effort and became an organized movement dedicated to providing simple, decent, affordable homes for families who lack adequate shelter. Volunteers are central to Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia's mission.
Take a look at our Flickr page! You can see everything that goes on at a Habitat project, find great pictures of volunteers at work, and track the progress of our houses being built!
It's easy to start helping!
- Construction Volunteering: Work on a team with our skilled construction staff during one of the many phases of building a Habitat home. Learn more here.
- ReStore Volunteering: Help at our non-profit building supply/interior design storefront! Assist with collecting, organizing and pricing donated items; staffing the sales floor; and updating our space. All profits go towards future Habitat homes. Learn more here.
- For Construction and ReStore volunteering, click the “Sign Up Now!” button below to create your profile on Volunteer Up (our online scheduling website). Bookmark the calendar page and write down your username and password.
Already a volunteer? Click the link above to log on to the schedule!
More Ways to Get Involved
- Schedule a Team Volunteering Day: Bring out members of your corporation, class, house of worship, or organization to volunteer with us on our construction sites or at our ReStore. Learn more about our Team Volunteering Program.
- Join a Committee: Bring your expertise, connections and passion to one of the various committees that plan and maintain Habitat’s programs. Learn more here. Be a Volunteer Photographer: Visit our sites and document the incredible work being done by our volunteers, partner families and staff. Photographers are critical in helping us publicize our mission!
- Volunteer in our office: Help with data entry, special events, and program management. We ask for a regular (weekly or bi-weekly) commitment. To inquire about openings, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.