Building On Faith
Building On Faith
Habitat for Humanity’s mission is rooted in faith-based principles of compassion and service to our community. Houses of faith are some of the most important contributors to our work. Locally, Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia welcomes congregations of all faiths to partner with us in building safe, decent, affordable housing for all people.
Our faith-based initiatives are growing, and we welcome all local houses of faith to consider taking a stake in the mission for affordable housing in Philadelphia. The opportunities for partnership are comprehensive—from volunteering with your faith-based group, to sponsoring construction, to holding awareness-raising events with your congregation.
Please contact Deidra Duncan, Director of Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215 765 6000 x10 to find out how you can join in a mission that stretches across faiths and depends on the entire community to alleviate poverty housing in our city.
A Dozen Ways to Build on Your Faith TODAY with Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia
1. Pray for the ministry of Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia.
2. Participate in Building on Faith events, like International Day of Prayer and Building on Faith Week.
3. Join our Building on Faith Committee to help guide our efforts to reach many different houses of faith.
4. Share the message about Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia in your faith community and become an ambassador for affordable housing in Philadelphia.
5. Build with us on Habitat construction projects or volunteer at our ReStore facility.
6. Provide ongoing financial support and/or tithes.
7. Identify parcels of land which Habitat Philadelphia can use to help working families realize the dream of homeownership.
8. Donate furniture, home goods or construction supplies to our ReStore facility.
9. Invite our Faith Relations director to come speak to your congregation about the needs of Philadelphia, Habitat’s solutions, and how they align with the mission of your house of faith.
10. Nourish a partner family by stocking their pantry as they move into their new home or feed a troop of hard-working volunteers at a work site.
11. Encourage your congregation to get involved as a community or as individuals.
12. Sponsor a home or part of a home through fundraising collections or events – and change lives forever.